Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:21:12 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: diesel conversion

I doubt that Skip has even driven a Westy with any of the engine conversions he is considering. How could he possibly know at this point if what he ends up with will be what he wanted? I have done plenty of other crazy stuff to Vanagons and converting an aircooled to watercooled is mostly just a matter of having all the pieces as well as the willingness to go through with it. I have no doubt that Vic at ZS Motors has the parts, knowledge, and experience to do a turbo diesel conversion to an aircooled. I first visited his old shop in Orange CA about 8 years ago and he was deeply involved in doing turbo diesel conversions to Vanagons even back then. If anyone can do a clean conversion of this type it would be him. He has recently imported from Europe many parts for diesel and turbo diesel Vanagon including whole TD engines. The real question is how long it will take and what will the final cost be when Skip drives it away on his trip. I hope it works out for Skip whatever he decides.

Mark