Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:58:31 -0700
From:         MC <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: LED replacement for westy
Comments: To: Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>

I have the blue LED mod and I bought mine from Radio Shack. I bought the lower intensity of the two they have as I don't want the cabin to be lit brightly at night.

Here are the possible reasons your's don't work: 1) I assumed you check the polarity. Flip the LED 180 degree around and if it still does not work try 2) 2) The driver in the monitor panel intends to drive a few tenths of milliamps. There is a current limiting resistor which you can find by tracing the circuit board trace from the LED. You may need to adjust the value so the LED does not draw excessive current. I set mine to about 40mA and it is plenty bright. 3) From what I remember the Radio Shake blue LED has built in current limit resistor so it can opperate from 5V. You may have to reduce the current limit resistor on the monitor panel or short across it. Please check carefully before you shorting the resistor.