Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:10:41 -0700
From:         MC <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: LED replacement for westy
Comments: To: laurasdog@WEIRDSTUFFWEMAKE.COM

The driver of the monitor board delivers 5V. However the factory LEDs are without built-in current limiting resistors. On the PCB there are a current limiting resistor for each LED. Both blue LEDs I found at Radio Shack are 5V (with built-in current limit resistor) this make the current limiting resistor on the PCB unnecessary. However instead of replacing the resistor with a wire I selected a lower value resistor to make the blue LED less bright so it does not illuminate the cabin in the dark. The original (high) value of the resistor will limit the current to the 5V LED too much to the entend it does not illuminate.

- Vince