Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:13:59 -0700
From:         David Johnson <drjohnso@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      WARNING: doing business with Jon-reed Hathaway

I feel I should post to the list in hopes that others will not end up getting screwed over like myself. As well, it makes me feel better, having no recourse in such a situation. I have been waiting patiently for 3 months for parts(Pre- paid) that Jon Hathaway of Amherst, NH , a fellow list member, had promised he would ship to me. I have been sending him e-mail enquiring as to the problem. On numerous occasions he has indicated that the parts are in the mail. After three months I no longer believe this to be true. In his defence he requested patients as he was going through "significant personal issues", however in the in term he has posted to the list selling other parts, so I feel I should warn others. If you feel you must do business with him, do so at your own risk. I believe everybody goes through significant personal issues in life, I can appreciate that; however, I want my parts or my money returned. Feel free to post this on other VW lists(T2 etc.) as it is my understanding he is involved with the VW community(LIMBO), and perhaps a broad distribution(warning) will save others from giving there money away. Sorry for the rant...

BTW any REPUTABLE individuals have the sliding door mechanism and air box lid cover for an 84 wesfalia for sale.

David R Johnson Vanderhoof BC Canada