Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:55:57 -0700
From:         Markus Mumper <mumper@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Yes, I'm really asking this.......

The wheels from GoWesty come with both new nuts and bolts (depending on what one needs), I have to assume they are correct for the new wheels.

FWIW - They also come with an impact wrench driver, I again assume (I really don't know), because the bolts are somewhat recessed in deep holes within the wheels and some repair shops may not have such an extended driver????

Thanks for all the advice everyone, greatly appreciated - I decided to go

without anti-sieze compound but did use a small dab of white grease (for torquing purposes) on the tips of the bolts as the existing wheels came off with no problem and I didn't see any corrosion at all.

Markus '87 Westy in Pismo Beach, CA