Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:47:44 -0400
From:         John Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ebay trade gone wrong...

Am I the only one who thinks the seller may not be a complete crook? From t= his one email it's impossible to say -- about the most damning thing is tha= t the oil hasn't been changed in awhile... As far as the 'take it a bit slo= w' -- that's advice that I would give to a newbie Vanagon owner to prevent = them from trying to drive with the pedal to the floor the whole way! At the= very least, the seller deserves to hear your concerns and go from there.

The thing that bothers me about the *people* on ebay is that, although bidd= ing creates a legally binding transaction, people think they are entitled t= o walk no matter what the reason. Simply put, it's the buyer's responsibili= ty to learn everything they want to learn *before* bidding. The seller isn'= t obligated to do anything for you.

For this reason I would never buy a car sight unseen -- on ebay or anywhere= else!

john