Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:57:06 -0700
From:         Jim Thompson <jim@KARMANNGHIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pseudo-Vanagon Syndrome?
Comments: To: MC <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>

Sure you can. Check my website, as it lists the Bosch Numbers for the replacement Hall Sender (or Pickup Coil as some others call it). Up thru 1984, it comes as a kit with the Sender, Cut-out Rotor and a few other hardware related parts. For the the 85-91 models, Bosch only supplies the Hall Sender itself, nothing else.

85-91 Trivia note: Bosch nor Volkswagen in their catalogs, microfiche, ETKA shows a replacement Hall Sender, they make you buy a whole new distributor - this can get expensive! It was after digging around in various Bosch sspecification databases I had access to that I found what the Hall Sender Bosch number was. This has saved a lot of people $$$ when having to replace just this item instead of the distributor over the years.

Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" oldvolkshome@earthlink.net jim@karmannghia.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************** ----- Original Message ----- From: "MC" <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 9:26 AM Subject: Re: Pseudo-Vanagon Syndrome?