Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:11:02 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Seats and Sciatica
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

Hi John, I have had a past bout with sciatica as well, mine felt like I had be shot in the butt with an arrow for about 6 mos. I believe a fairly active training routine of bicycling and sitting at a computer all day for work is what brought it on. I finally had to go to the physical therapist and they showed me a stretch that totally cured me and I use it regularly as soon as I have been sitting for long periods and I feel it coming on again. There are usually only two areas that nerve can get pinched, spinal and the "para-form-us" muscle in the buttocks. The sciatic nerve runs directly through this paraformus (spelling) muscle and when not stretched properly it pinches the nerve.

With regard to the vanagon seats, I too have to say they are fantastic!. I took a trip to Springfield OR from my home in the bay area. I left Friday night at midnight drove all the way to Springfield 625 miles north and back by midnight Saturday. 1250 miles in 24 hours in my 85 sunroof vanagon. And stupid me, I had removed the arm wrests in the 85 when I first got it because they get in the way when you go to the back area.

It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven.

Both my 87 syncro and 89 wolfy have the nice adjustable armrests, good condition seats and they are worth a million.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:55 AM Subject: Vanagon Seats and Sciatica