Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:50:50 -0700
From:         Double-Cab Guy <doublecabguy@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Great Canadian VW show date corection
Comments: To: SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com, turbovans@yahoogroups.com,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hi Volks,

Well don't I feel silly. The correct date for the Great Canadian VW show is, Sunday August the 15 th. A week tomorrow. Thanks to Harold for catching my mistake.

As for people coming up from the US for the show, I should clarify my advise as to which border crossing to use. When you are coming north on the I-5 towards Blaine, there are two exits that one can take to cross into Canada. The first one that you see on the I-5 has a sign showing that it's the exit to take for buses and trucks to cross the border. Take this exit. It's not restricted to busses and trucks only. Although the sign on the interstate only shows a picture of trucks and busses, regular non-commercial vehicles are also allowed to use this crossing as well.

I think because the sign is a bit misleading most people carry on and take the second border crossing point. Which is for non-commercial traffic only. That is probably why it's faster to take the first crossing. ( the one that's signed for trucks and buses)

Living 5 mins. from the border I have plenty of experience crossing the border. In my experience I have noticed that the "Truck & Bus" crossing usually is much quicker with less of a line-up. In the holiday season and on weekends the difference in the wait times can be substantial. So if you want to avoid have to sit in line forever waiting to cross the border my advise is to take the first exit you see from the I-5, the one signed for trucks and buses.

Cheers Glen Cook