Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:19:38 -0400
From:         Mark Cumnock <kayakwesty@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Aux. Battery-Stereo Amp question

The Aux Battery will be directly wired to the inverter,mounted behind the driver seat on the cabinet .

The cig lighters , will be wired into aux battery so a solar charger can back feed the aux battery and charge it while camping.I have made a fuse panel to feed the extra circuits that will be powered off the aux battery.

The inverter use will be for a microwave, that will have short use(5 mins or less)...1200 watt is recommended. I am going 1800 watt for an upper margin.

So my question . Is a 300 watt stereo amp to much to ask of the aux. deep cycle battery going down the road , with the radio and xm unit tied into the aux battery and a small fan to help blow cool air up front.

The aux battery gets its power from a 10 awg wire from the relay under the driver's seat. Since the battery stores electrical energy ...that is why I am asking this , if it were just a straight feed off the 10 awg wire the standard answer would be no....

Has anyone else tried this??