Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:50:55 -0400
From:         Jean-Pierre Le Cruguel <jlecruguel@AEI.CA>
Subject:      Montreal Junkyard

Hi all,

I broke the right armest of my 87 westy driver seat. (captain swivel seat, adjustable armrest). (it's a burgundy with grey/blueish interior). I think it's grey. I leaned onto it while trying to grab something from the back. You can see in the pictures how it is built. (there is some tape on the screws and the holes).

http://www16.brinkster.com/crughy/db/DSCN8449_40.jpg http://www16.brinkster.com/crughy/db/DSCN8450_40.jpg http://www16.brinkster.com/crughy/db/DSCN8451_40.jpg

I believe the easiest way would be to replace the whole armrest. There are 2 screws that goes into a metal plate on the side of the seat. The armest itself hold to the plate with a pin inside the armrest. Everything is still. What moves inside the armrest.

I just wonder how you screw it back when the armest is attached to the pin/plate. From the archive and looking at it, I am not sure what is the best way to put it back.

What's your input? Any fellow Montrealer that could give some junkyard address? (or if anyone has that kind of thing, ideally locally).

I will have to replace the hose/clamps of the fuel expension tank. Is there any canadian/local shop that carry that kind of things? Or Bus Depot is the way to go? (I would like to avoid the custom hasle if I can).

Thanks,

JP

PS: regarding the list hosting and form, I like it this way. I do not think the membership thing is a good idea. I am sure we can work something out to avoid that. A couple of bucks as a donation for the one who want should be enough. What I fear is that the community is great and wide because it's free and easy. easy to get on and off, depending on your current needs and your time. Also, there are many "givers" on the list, those who have a great deal of knowledge on mechanic, and have access to many sources and stuff. I just fear we lose some of them. That would be the end of it. I think what matters the most is its extreme accessibility.