Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:52:56 -0400
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Sparkplug wire question
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

i have had lots of problems with the bosch series that the most of the flaps sell. mostly due to bad crimps, after i had the wire pull out of the connectors on a couple of sets i started inspecting crimps at the store. the crimps i have seen are not good. usually the ones i have seen are over crimped or not crimped enough. i have seen them short to ground this might partially be from the fact that the poor crimp becomes so high of a resistance over time that the voltage starts leaking to ground. as crazy as it might sound i observed the voltage running down the outer jacketing on my brothers golf.

jonathan