Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:07:08 -0500
From:         Jeff Palmer <icecoldvw@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      European trip advice (NVC - one hour until Friday!)

Howdy,

My significant other and I are honeymooning in Europe in a few weeks. It's my first time, although she has been to France and Italy before. I need some tips on getting around and where to stay!

We land in Amsterdam, then are heading to Copenhagen, Prague, Munich, and maybe Budapest. Things are sort of open. And of course Wolfsburg! We have 2.5 weeks.

In particular, I'm looking for tips on where to stay in Amsterdam and Wolfsburg. Has anyone been to Wolfsburg recently? If I recall someone took their kid to the museum. Carolyn will likely be somewhat less enthusiastic.

Also, I've heard that renting a car for one way trips can be less expensive than two train tickets. Is that true? That would be hugely expensive here in Canada. Anyone know about drivers licenses?

Many thanks Jeff

85 Westfalia GL 69 Type III notchback Winnipeg, Canada