Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:32:28 -0400
From:         Tim Demarest <tim.demarest@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Health Of The Gerry & The List

I must pipe up... I've been on this list for over two years now, and only *just this week* found out that there is a PayPal account to support the list. Sure, quarterly begging like PBS/NPR resort to would be annoying... but an occasional plug for list support would not be amiss.

Maybe TomC should put a "click here to help support the list" link in his e-mail signature? That way, on the (fairly infrequent) occasions when he needs to post, there will be a link for all to see.

At 10:47 AM 8/13/2004 -0400, Jim Henry wrote: >List membership, > >As I have loosely followed this thread and felt a bit of uneasiness for the >change in Gerry's local and management, I was very glad that Bruce brought >the donation page to the list's attention. I can say that I have contributed >to this on more than one occasion since 1998, not huge amounts of cash, >probably not enough to cover Tom's coffee budget, but thought it was a >reasonable part of list participation. I was shocked to see that my >contributions, admittedly minimal, were actually more than 1% of the total >accounting. With this list supposedly having thousands of members, I think >it is time for all of us to consider regular contributions a responsibility >of list membership, thus supporting it financially as well as through >participation. > >I hope that our future list manager will publish a monthly reminder of >various member responsibilities and standards of operation than will include >the opportunity and need for financial support. And I also hope that we will >all be a little more involved in our membership. I am not pleased to see >that I have spent more on shipping from BusDepot than on support to Gerry >since I have subscribed. > >Jim > >Durham, NC > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] > > On Behalf Of Bruce Nadig > > Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 10:02 PM > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: The Health Of The Gerry & The List > > > >.... > > By the way, most of you probably didn't know this. On > > vanagon.com there is a convenient link that gives you > > instructions on how you can make a monetary contribution to > > Gerry and the Vanagon list. There is also (what appears to > > be) a full accounting of all money that has been contributed > > and how it has been spent. Please see this link: > > > > http://gerry.vanagon.com/info/donations.html > > > > Sadly, in 2001 only 43 donations were made! That is alarming. > > At any rate, you can make a donation via snail mail or > > PayPal. I must admit that I have never made a contribution. I > > am going to correct that right now. > > > > Cheers, > > Bruce > > motorbruce > > motorbruce@hotmail.com > > > >