Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:37:20 -0500
From:         patrick <appin@DISTRIBUTEL.NET>
Subject:      re; tranny jacking

I think I can all most be an expert in this field as my tranny has come out 6 times in the last year. I will tell anybody it is easier to drop tranny and motor as one then tranny by itself. I have the smae jack as you and I had welded for me a small platform which slides into the hole where the cup goes. It has to lengths about one and a half feet long attached by two cross members about 6" in length evenly spaced. attached is a steel shaft that fits the hole. I then added two small chains on either side that keep the tranny from sliding off the jack. I can send you a few pictures if you want. A local welder made it for me it cost about $15.00. It was made out of 1" square tube steel. best of luck Patrick 85 westy Appin Ont