Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:28:09 -0600
From:         Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wha's going on with the list

Servers are a lot different from your home machine, any old hardware can do quite nicely for a server because you are running without the GUI (Graphical User Interface) which uses the large majority of the processor. eCommerce sites can benefit from a fast server since they run a lot of server-side scripts.

Investing in the pipeline is more expedient, which is a monthly fixed expense.

-- Gnarlie's Applescript page http://Gnarlodious.com/Mac/AppleScript/Page.html

Entity developtrust spoke thus: