Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:02:28 -0500
From:         Michael Ayers <ayers@KRAUSONLINE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carpet for gray Westies...
Comments: To: zolo <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

I've used the same stuff for years. It's very inexpemsive, easy to install, and after a couple of years you just install a new piece.

Mike Ayers '88 Westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "zolo" <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:37 PM Subject: Carpet for gray Westies...

I have bought from Home Depot a good quality, strong carpet for very little. It took a short time to cut it to size with a 'box cutter knife' and installed it under the bolted down edge and slid it a little under the fridge and the back seat. It is gray with light gray spots in it that make it more tolerant to dirt and little things that may fall to the ground. Seems to be very strong and it has a strong backing under it. I did not glue it down but I would not either, but rather put two scews in the far corners with large washers, painted black or dark or whatever the color would be suitable. It cost about $7.00 for one size but they only sell it by the foot and you would need 46" x 50" size. So, you would get three for the price of $20 if you get at least four feet long of the twelve feet roll. I think it is twelve feet but I am not too sure. That's it for new carpet. You can share with a friend to save. If you want me to cut a piece and install one in for you in the Seattle area I would do it for a small fee that would cover my time and the carpet. Zoltan Zoltan