Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:11:12 -0700
From:         BenT <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Front bench seat? VW thoughts
Comments: To: Rob <becidawa@hctc.com>

Rob,

Vanagons did come with a 2-person benchseat plus separate driver's seat. That gave you 3 abreast seating in front. Uncommon in the US but standarn fitting in Europe and other markets.

I have such a bench in my 89 Syncro Doublecab.

BenT San Francisco http://members.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:08:43 -0700, Rob <becidawa@hctc.com> wrote: > At 8/14/2004 02:08 AM, I wrote: > >I was wondering if anyone had turned their bucket seats into a bench seat > >in a Vanagon? > > An explanation is in order... > > Right now I don't have a VW, I'm driving a 91 Grand Caravan ($150 at an > auction) but I am looking for a VW (at the auctions <g>). > Over the years I have had many VW's from the first car I bought (a '59 VW > bus) to the last VW (an 86 Synco) and several other vans along the way > (another 59, a 63, a 71 [that I really liked], a 70 something 9 pass, 65 > Chevy, 83 Dodge & a 79 Toyota 4x4). I'm a van kinda person <g>. > > I'm not sure why I like the VW, could be the room inside, could be the > class, could be that I can work on it myself (I learned about turning > wrenches with that first 59 (had more than one of that year) & and Muir's > book). > > Anyway I'm looking for another. Part of that is this list, part of that is > asking questions about problems that I'll probably face- like the seam > rust, I asked about that & learned. The front bench seat is another one of > those 'questions'. > I really liked having a front bench seat but have never seen a Vanagon with > one, I figured if I found a Vanagon I could put a full front seat in... so > I asked, maybe someone has already worked thru some of the problems. > > Anyway that's where I'm coming from. > > Rob > > becidawa@hctc.com > Now in western Washington, USA