Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:01:53 -0400
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Syncro front rotor life expectance

Eric

I have no idea what the problem is with your rotors but I do understand why everyone on the list is so quick to jump on your case. It's because you are a ball buster. Try being a little nicer or just not replying if you don't have anything nice to say. Then when you truly have a problem people will be happy to help.

Although you say your not interested in trashing anyone. It seems to me your really not looking for an answer. You know what's wrong, your rotors and you know how to fix them. The idea that that anyone one the list could tell you how long there rotors should last is a joke and again I think you know this.

JFF

On Aug 16, 2004, at 1:30 PM, Eric Zeno wrote:

DOn, I am not trying to trash anyone. I'm trying to find out the life expectance of the Syncro rotors. Its clear at this time that these rotors are not good material, reguardless of who made them. I do have to question the integrety of the seller here. I have less than 1 1/2 years on these rotor. The only issue with these brakes is that some of the backing plates on both side have partly rusted away. This would leave the inner side of the rotor exposed to more weather. I would find it hard to believe that this would make that much of a difference. eric