Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:00:46 -0600
From:         "John Connolly, Aircooled.Net" <john@AIRCOOLED.NET>
Subject:      Re: head gaskets, my turn
Comments: To: Joel VanderKwaak <kwaak@pangea.stanford.edu>

your vanagon does not have a timing belt, I'd be wary of a "mechanic" that makes such a grievous error on the specifics of our vehicles.

VW Flat 4 engines use timing GEARS, there is no timing belt. It would have been interesting if you said "no" and see if they changed it, and then charged you for it.

John Aircooled.Net Inc. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel VanderKwaak" <kwaak@PANGEA.STANFORD.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 7:43 PM Subject: Re: head gaskets, my turn