Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:20:44 -0400
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rotor thoughts
Comments: To: Tom Miller <tmiller@vcmails.com>

That still doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the rotors, if they are exhibiting symptoms like Eric's. This is a caliper problem - something sticking and the pads are not contacting the rotor square (or one pad not contacting it at all). The rotor is just a big dumb hunk of steel - there's nothing to suddenly go wrong. Likely the winter aggravated an existing problem with the calipers. -Hans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Miller" <tmiller@vcmails.com> To: "Hans Achter" <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 2:11 PM Subject: Re: Re: Rotor thoughts