Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:57:56 -0700
From:         James Ballen <ballenjames@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Suggestions on new paint

Thanks all for the suggestions...

i should have mentioned that I have a white camper top that i plan to leave white, so I thought that painting the rest of the body a darker blue wouldn't cause too much of an increase in heat. Also regarding the door jambs and such, since they are the lighter blue of my two-tone job, I thought that painting the outside all a dark blue would still look pretty nice. I don't think it would be that noticeable actually, unless you were looking for it.

I am still deciding what to do...the reason for the repaint is that i got an area that was dented in for years, straigtened and primed. it's purely cosmetic, but now i have a 2' x 2' area on the driver's side rear that needs paint. it didn't seem like it would be too much more money to get a full job, judging by some of the estimates i received.

Alas, now I am moving to Chicago from the Bay Area, and I am considering selling my beloved van instead of bringing it to the rust belt.

I've just put a new 2.1L wbx in it that has just broken in w/~1000 miles on it. I've replaced soooo many parts over the last 2 years, that I'd be happy to outline if you are interested...

The paint is really the only thing left to do to make this camper complete, and actually all of the paint besides the spot i mentioned looks really shiny and bright still.

I may put it up on ebay to see how much of my investment I could get back before outright selling it, but please email me if you're interested.

just for an idea of where i'm at, I've put in about $5000 in parts/labor besides what i paid for the van, so please keep that in mind if you're interested.

I really don't want to sell, but I feel like it might just make more sense for now until i become independantly wealthy ;-)

pics and more details will be up soon.

Thanks, James '83.5 Country Homes Camper

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/