Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:14:36 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Mother Frances Keezer

Mrs Frances Keezer 1920-2004

Dear List,

My dear Mother Frances Keezer died Saturday August 14, 2004 at 8:00 PM. I am deeply grieved for her loss.

She died peacefully with out pain after a struggle that last two months with shingles and cancer. She had courage to live and fought a good fight till the end.

I was with her every day since May 18th and I did'nt have time to keep you updated.

Mom was in the hospital and later transferred to a nursing home. She came home from there July 28 and complications forced me to return her to the hospital August 7th .

Mother's last word's were "Please get me out of here (the hospital)and take me home "Wednesday Aug 11. Her doctor told me she was dying August 12 and I took Mom home the 13th.

She got to finally come home for good as she wished. Mom died Saturday the next day at 8:00 PM August 14 peacefully.

Mom's courage and will to live was with her to the end. Her suffering is over and my loss is great as Mom is my best friend . I lived with her the last 14 years as some of you know and now that she is gone to be with the Lord. There's a great ache in my heart . I will never forget my wonderful Mother .My love for her will never end.

I know now Mother isn't in pain and is in heaven with Jesus and reunited with her family now, of whom, most died before I was born.

I finally understand why she spoke of them so well , especially her own mother often all her life.

Mother and I lived together in the same house she bought new in 1955 42 of my 52 years.

Mom lived a simple life and it was always a fun to have Mom along on Westfalia roadtrips. She loved to stay in motels with swimming pools.

We went to the East coast to see her hometown of new Britain Connecticut after 50 years and to Canada . Mom's last campout was with the Wetwesties in 2003 at Penrose Point State park.

Mom's funeral is this Saturday starting 8:00 at St Philomena Church in Des Moines , Washington at 9:00 AM. It will be a regular service with euologies at the reception following her burial at Gethsemane cemetary. Open viewing will be at 8:00 AM.

I'll have the information on the answering machine later today if any of you who knew Mom or me wish to come or offer consolation .

Thankyou for each of you who have offered your prayers and support through this the hardest time of our lives. It means a lot to me . Please keep me in your prayers

Sincerely,

Robert Keezer

warmerwagen@hotmail.com

206-878-8423