Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:39:44 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need graywater tank ideas

I wouldn't doubt that it's a consequence of evolving water quality laws; here in CA, just about every aspect of waste water of all types is coming under scrutiny. What you do as an individual may mean next to nothing, but a thousand next-to-nothings can add up to a real problem. Legal pressure/enforcement varies greatly with location, mostly depending on population density and proximity to enforcement agency offices. : ) I run a pressure washing business, and waste water issues are the pretty much the single largest liability I face. It's legitimate concern for the most part, they're just beginning to get a good picture of just how interrelated a lot of these water systems are and the effects they can have on each other. Have y'all read about the 'dead zone' in the Caribbean? Fertilizer runoff from Mississippi Basin farms is taking the oxygen out of the water and destroying the fishing industry there- a thousand miles away. This crap going on with the Yucca Mt. nuclear waste storage is just plain insane and scary. Nuts.

CIA, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Elliott" <j.michael.elliott@ADELPHIA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:03 PM Subject: Re: Need graywater tank ideas