Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:44:39 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a part:  the little balls that hold up the dish
              drainer

I suggest calling a salvage yard that knows Westies like Russ's Recycling (626) 303-4366. I've gotten various things through them and I

know they had a kitchen cabinet at some time.

Maybe someone on the list has a couple. You also might find them at home depot or online as they are a standard furniture detent.

That said, your problems may not be over. I had the drain board drop unexpectedly during a camping trip and launch a quart or two of boiling

water across my interior. Fortunately no one was burned. Since then, I've kept a 1" C-clamp in the "spice rack" above the stove to secure the drain board when the stove is in use.

As I understand it, these drain boards were delivered screwed to the underside of the lid in Canadian models, probably because of their propensity to fall with potentially disastrous results.

Good luck,

Jim