Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:29:20 -0700
From:         Al Knoll <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Dreaded "G" word
Comments: cc: "Markath@Eurekadsl. Net" <markath@eurekadsl.net>

uh oh...someone found my gummibear stash...next time it goes in the locked cabinets with the canadian 2% hugemongous can of habanero bear spray and the bear knife.

The real answer as to where to store the food is in the other guy's van.

Real men avoid bear encounters by exiting stage left, right or rear. Would you trade your face for a can of anchovies or a velvet crumble? Careful there, BenT, be nice...

"actually, my friend, I don't have to out run the bear, I just have to outrun you"

Coffee: Bialetti makes 'moka'. Espresso is a more refined brew requiring fairly exact temperature and pressure. Turkish/Greek coffee in a chenyoowine tinned copper boiler is what you may find in the outback of the middle east where Usama done been laden is having his whilst he finishes the dialasis.

Cowboy coffee boiled in a can works for many. Percolated in a pot works for many. Cafe Filtre' works for many. Plastic dripper and organic brown filter works for some. Bialetti for some. The supreme is to simply pop a few Major Dickasons beans between cheek and gum and motor on.

But for espresso, Cafe Illy, Lavazza, Cafe Mauro are my top three.

However for the long haul caffeine jonky, yerba mate' and it's associated quaint brewing and sipping will deliver the goods.

In the end, parking the van at Cafe du Monde in N'orleans and doing the cafe avec chicory and a serious beignet or two is worthy.

A tiny brew-up with red rose or typhoo in a colorado cup over a hexamine tab and a wing stove while watching the early morning sun paint el cap across the river before the tourons arrive can be most rewarding.

Anyone else have locks on their cabinets? Keyed alike of course, keeps them critters honest, prolly won't faze ursus horribilus or even corvus vulgaris.

Mine were installed by Mark Blanchard of "silent partner" (http://www.wrenindustries.com/) and "Blanchard Guitars" fame at his magnificent hilltop estate just south of Canada on a recent tomato delivery. Visit his site at www.Blanchardguitars.com