Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:13:06 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Thanks to all of you - and HEADLIGHT REPAIR!
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

Next, gotta figure out why my new license plate bulb is dimmer than the old one. ----------------- Clip -------------------------- License Plate Lights - Just switch them both out for the dim bulbs. The law just says they need to work. As for the headlight. Get the water evaporated by cooking the light in the household oven for about an hour at 175 degrees. (hole point up). Abrade the little hole area with wet/dry sandpaper and seal it with super glue. Use a razor blade and shave the excess super-glue off to the proper surface match. You can rebuild the headlight mounting plastic parts with J-B weld or similasr product. Just use clear packing tape to build a mold around the broken part and drill the proper size hole after it's set properly.

Stan Wilder www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joy Hecht" <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 9:35 AM Subject: Thanks to all of you - and HEADLIGHT REPAIR!