Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:25:40 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Interior lighting for the vanagon LED and CCF

Has anybody been playing around with CCF cold cathode flourescent technology for the vanagons?

I have been doing some lighting research and found out the LED technology only produces about 23 lumens per watt. Where the CCF produces in the 80 lumens per watt range.

I am very reluctant to run two batteries in my westy conversion. I have done it in the past in my other vanagons and feel it was overkill for my use. I am now considering running a deep cycle marine battery which I can buy locally in the main battery compartment and just be careful to not run it down

Also I have seen some really efficient fridge's have come onto the market that will literally run off your battery and freeze your beer if your not careful. I am not all that impressed with the westy fridge and have not yet cut the vent hole in the side of my conversion as I may consider going with newer technology.

Here's a link to the CCF lighting.

http://www.cetsolar.com/ccf.htm

Here's a link to the new technology refers

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?

Doug