Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:16:02 -0700
From:         Antaki <wrack@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Stereo/Subwoofer Installation

Do be careful when you crank that bass-poundin' box up, though.

While my 17 year-old son was climbing (more like jumping) up the Stairsteps at Syncro de Mayo this year in my Syncro, without a locking front diff, he had to get a bit rowdy to do so causing the skid-rails to get pounded into the muffler and floor of the van. When I asked him about it later, he told me he had the subs up so loud he didn't hear the very loud and painful (to me) sound of the rails getting bashed. He said he had the subwoofers cranked up rather high. (Subs were his, borrowed from his Gti for this event.)

Got the rails bent back out, and now I want my own Sub system. But just watch out for too much *boom* to hear the *thud*!

Ron A