Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:03:02 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Weird engine meltdown... Attn: Bob MacD and Jake Raby
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

Jim My last Name is Donalds just for the record From the Clan Donald http://www.clan-donald-usa.org/

the first thing I ask is what is still the same fuel pump ? so did you check the fuel pressure at idle and at 2K to see if the engine leans out at higher RPMs did the exhaust gases get checked and set did you check the total advance of the timing 44 deg plus does your friend like to do 70 plus down the highway does he run high test fuel It is possible to push this engine to hard even if all the specs are right on the money The air-cooled engine accumulates heat over time depending on ambient air temp and load AND the air-cooled engines ability to accumulate heat is limited ONLY by the melting point of aluminum melted pistons are what happens when the engine is pushed to hard or the particular piston gets to hot This could be from a vacuum leak, bad injector or a exhaust leak

Going faster miles an hour with the radio on I remain B Bob all rights reserved

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Arnott" <jrasite@EONI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:39 PM Subject: Weird engine meltdown... Attn: Bob MacD and Jake Raby