Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:59:12 -0500
From:         Jeremy Speer <jspeer@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Thanks - Was New Beetle TDI Test Drive (nvc)

Folks,

In true form this list has come through with great information; all helpful.

I want to thank everybody who took the time to share their thoughts and experiences with TDI powered VW's.

I'm going to take a spin in a 2005 Jetta TDI wagon tomorrow. This time i'll be ready for the sticker shock.

I've checked Cars.com, autotrader.com, ep.com, plus called in a favor to a friend and co-owner of carsoup.com. Basically used Jetta TDI wagons are scarce as hen's teeth around these parts. I did find several used NB TDI's but now, after hashing it over with my wife, i'm pretty focused on the Jetta wagon.... we need the room to haul stuff. And the price difference between the Jetta and NB is pretty small.

Thanks to all. I only hope my next post can be a trip report.... we've not had the Westy out of the Twin Cities since late SPRING!

-jspeer

'89 Westy GL, "Mystery Machine" '00 Victory Sport Cruiser <-- For Sale!