Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:11:15 -0400
From:         tmiller <tmiller@VCMAILS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Failed Emissions Check
Comments: To: bhs73@SPYMAC.COM

If the government is so darn concerned about the plants and the animals, then I submit that they ought to put SUVs and Trucks under the same emission control standards that our vanagons have to live with. I am not talking about the exact amount of allowable emissions, but everyone knows that trucks and SUVs are still under the heading of farm machines, as trucks were once classified, and therefore are driving around, numbering in the millions, and putting out a greater percentage of pollution than cars, and older vehicles. Don't even mention that many of them are exempt from gas mileage standards, so car makers can keep producing all the gas pigs they want with impunity, and out of the other side of their mouth, they tell us we are using to much gasoline, so prices are going through the roof. All the while telling us they care about us and our plants......

I just can't watch this quote anymore making out like the government gives a rats rear about plants and animals. Its all about money, power, and control, so as much as I think a well tuned and repaired vanagon is a good thing all the way around, it is difficult to sit and get preached to about how great our government is, and how they are only looking out for our welfare, when in fact, they are sticking to car and van owners, and turning the other way when it comes to truck and SUV standards.

It time to remove the rosey red glasses and realize that three vanagons out of spec are nothing compared to millions of trucks and SUVs puking out a higher percentage of crap into the air than cars and vans. There is not any way that anyone can consider that to be fair, and equitable. The environmentalists takes the easy road, and nit pick a few cars or vans, and then tell us the government is working for us, to help us, and is only doing it for our best interest and for the trees....... What a load of balony...

Mark