Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:25:37 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon curtain 'snaps' plus sliding door seal
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

David, there is an outfit in Amarillo that does everything for the interior of VWs, including campers. There stuff online looks good, and others have said it is. I haven't actually seen any of it. Maybe it is called "Sew Fine"?

You likely could buy snaps from a fabric store along with a tool for putting them in. mcneely

---- David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > I have a 1987 Wolfsburg with the grey fabric curtains that snap to the inside with round metal snaps. > I keep my curtains up all the time, all year as I live in sunny and hot Arizona. > But now one of the snaps in the gray curtain has come off and left a hole in the curtain and the curtain now lets in the dreaded sun.. > Does anyone have any idea where to get a spare snap and how to mount it on the curtain? > I'm sure they are some unusual non-standard size. Alternatively does anyone make new curtains? >   > Also, while I'm here, there is a long thick plasticky/rubbery grey seal that goes above the sliding door. It started hanging from one end and now has completely fallen off. How do I reattach it, is it glued on or just a press fit? Thanks. >   > -David > 1987 Wolfsburg GL > > > >

-- David McNeely