Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:16:33 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Ontario north of Georgian Bay - Buffalo to Sault Ste Marie
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

Hi Joy

Georgian Bay is GORGEOUS this time of year. It shouldn't be hard to get a campsite on a weekday at Killbear Provincial Park... it's one of my favorite spots on the entire planet. It's about 20 miles north of Parry Sound.

Here are some pics from our 2002 family vacation there: http://www.pottsfamily.ca/Killbear/ http://www.pottsfamily.ca/Killbear2002/index.html

There are a few black bears in Killbear, but they tend to keep well away from campers. I've only seen one bear in many years there. Same applies to the rattlesnakes.... there are lots there but they usually keep away from people. Polar bears are only found in JAMES BAY and HUDSON BAY, neither of which can be reached by road.

This weekend (Labour Day) the local bus club is having a get-together at Warsaw Caves, and my bus will be heading there on Friday night as soon as I get off work. The kids start school next week.

Feel free to email if you're looking for travel info.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com