Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:28:16 -0400
From:         jesse johnson <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET>
Subject:      Strange stumbling issue only when warm out.. any ideas?

Hey all, New engine and transmission have been running great but ran into a little stumbling problem when it gets really hot out. Like any time it's above 90 or so when i accelerate at a very light throttle... the van wants to die out.. and then when it gets to around 2000 rpm kicks right back in and is fine... but this does not always happen only about 60 percent of the time. When it's cooler out.. no problems at all, ever. I have a new temp sensor in... compression is 150 all the way around give or take one or two. Good fuel pressure... timing is spot on... spark plugs are grayish tan.. just as the should be... nothing out of the ordinary... Any thoughts on this one? I also checked the air flow sensor hoping to find a dead spot but it checks out ok. I have never had the idle mixture set with an exhaust sniffer... but the O2 readings seems fine... and the O2 sensor is only like 2 months old. Can you do the idle mixture with the exhaust sniffer without a cat? my was hollowed out by the PO. Also.. idle is fine when hot out to.. only when taking off at part throttle does this happen. Anyone have any thoughts? thanks all, jess 89 carat 86 scirocco