Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:14:18 -0700
From:         Tim King <yellowdog@SOFTHOME.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] SNAP! Zrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (sheared CV axle shaft)
Comments: To: Eric Zeno <vw4x4@fyi.net>
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

> Is your axle lock fully dis-engauging? Axle locked on dry pavement is > clearly the hardest thing you can do to the axles.

Yep, the difflock is functioning fine. In fact, I was happy to have it because locking it allowed me to get out of the road with only one axle!

Btw, it's been suggested by a surprising number of people that I take my grievence directly to BD instead of trying to run it through the list:

I just want to make it clear I have nothing but good things to say about Ron at Bus Depot. I have contacted them, but don't expect a response because I told them I was heading out of town and that I'd contact them when I return.

Further, this was not an attempt to air a grievence with them because I have no grievience. I'm guessing -- and most seem to agree -- this was a manufacturer's defect. It happens. The only reason I named the vendor is because Bus Depot (to my knowledge) is the only list vendor who has these axles made for them.

Mainly I wanted to know if anyone had seen a failure like this. Additionally, (mostly for future reference), I wanted to know if people felt these could handle regular syncro use..

Again, no qualms here with Ron and BD. Sorry if it came across that way. Ok?

Thanks

Tim in Seattle 87 Syncro Westy/Suby 2.5/lots of sound deadening