Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:43:24 -0400
From:         Brien K Dews <briendews@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Buses by the Beach Fall Campout

Hello Fellow Volks Folks,

There has been a change in plans for our fall Buses By the Beach Campout. "Bus Boo" will is changing locations from Oak Grove Campground in Holland, MI to Grand Rogue Campground in Grand Rapids, MI. As the date was getting closer it became apparent that some of the Campground rules were not going to work with our group. Special thanks to the wonderful people at Oak Grove Campground for being so nice and we are sorry it didn't work out. Tom at Grand Rogue Campground was gracious enough to make room for us on one of his busiest weekends. He is moving his campers to give us our prime spot on the lake. He has also agreed like in the past to donate $5 per night per site to the group for Burn Survivors.

We have an extra special weekend planned for September 17,18th and 19th. That weekend is one of the most exciting weekends at Grand Rogue Campground because of West Michigan Living History and Educational Association is holding their Early America Encampment. Visitors can view first hand what life in early America was like. There will be period craftsmen demonstrating their skills, including a blacksmith and a woodworker. Working with hand tools, they show how everyday implements were made in early America. At the Encampment, history buffs wearing authentic period clothing and living in period shelters, present programs throughout the weekend. Activities will include musket and cannon firing, men's and women's period fashion shows and tactical demonstrations. For more information go to: http://www.westmichiganlivinghistory.com/

On Saturday we are going to have "Bus Boo" a Halloween Theme Party and Pot Luck Dinner. There will be awards giving for best costume and the best site decoration. More info will be coming in future emails.

The new flyer for the event is up on the web site so feel free to print some out and put them on the windshield of fellow VW enthusiasts to help spread the word. Click link below for flyer:

http://www.busesbythebeach.com/fall04.html

For those who have not seen the September copy of Hot VW Magazine there was two articles about Buses By the Beach's spring campout and how we raise money for burn survivors. Special thanks to Lynn Anderson of Hot VW Magazine for writing such wonderful articles.

We are really looking forward to everyone getting together again! Please do us a favor and make a reservation by Calling Grand Rogue Campground at (616) 361-1053 so we can plan enough space for everyone.

Wishing you many miles of smiles!

The Volks at Buses By the Beach.com