Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:06:23 -0700
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Driver and Passenger door window screens - 89 Westy
Comments: To: BA <ande@SAN.RR.COM>

> But then I saw someone who'd sewed pull-overs for the top of the > driver and passenger door.

I have posted some pictures of my front window 'sock' bug nets at: http://photos.yahoo.com/mwstebbins click on "Bug Netting" (or any other photos that you'd like to see). Also there is a picture of the "shower-cap" style rear bug net.

I also made the 4 sided magnetic stip style front wondow bug netting, but I don't use it as it does not wad up well for storage (it has to lay flat).

> I'm also looking into creating a bug screen for the sliding door opening. ....... > I'd be grateful for any better ideas ...

Re bug net for the side sliding door: This has been discussed before (as has nearly every topic on this list). My 2 cents worth (M2CW) would be to just drape some netting over the sliding door opening. I'd use clips to hold the netting to the rain cutter, Jam the front edge of the netting into the front passenger's door and close the door, use some weights at the bottom and let it hang over the opened sliding door. Or, to hold it at the bottom, replace the screws long the van's floor (along the dorr opening) with snaps. I'd then use some thick foam to jam in behind the opened sliding door (against the van) to kept the bugs out of there. Not bug proof, but it'd keep most of them out.

Also, we have found that the tennis racket style "bug Zaper" really works well: http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/bug_zapper.html?gid= With this gadget, one does not have to swuash the bugs against the van/canvas.

That's what I have to say on this topic. Malcolm