Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:04:54 -0700
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: From a Westy, to a "Motorhome" ?? Seeking advice (LVC)

--- Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET> wrote:

> That's actually a LOT of space, not to mention > weight! Is it possible that > the 235 gallons is an error? If that was 235 > liters ... quick calculation - > uh ... ding-ding ... 62 gallons? isn't that > more reasonable? //jack

Nope, 235 US gallons; the tank sits between the rear frame rails behind the rear axle and is about 8 feet long, 4 feet wide and over a food deep. THe 35 foot model has a 265 gallon fuel tank while newer models have 300 gallon tanks.

I also can carry 98 gallons of fresh water and 88 gallons of waste water (51 gray - 37 black) and 45 gallons of propane.

FWIW, the GVWR of the coach is 34,000 lbs, it has a class 4 hitch with a 750 tongue/7,500 load capacity; I pull my Vanagon Camper behind it on a tow dolly <http://home.earthlink.net/~goldibox/images/81BluebirdFC33SB/DCP_0001.JPG> )required vanagon content). It has six 16-ply (H-rated) tires. For more info go to www.vintagebirds.com.

===== TJ Hannink Goldibox - 1987 Vanagon Camper, Wolfsburg Edition 1981 Bluebird Wanderlodge, FC-33 Winter Park, Florida http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wolfsburg_campers http://photos.yahoo.com/tjhannink [Vanagon] Album FAVOR website: http://home.earthlink.net/~clubvanagon