Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Sep 2004 21:57:54 -0400
From:         tmiller <tmiller@VCMAILS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air conditioning hose
Comments: To: Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET>

There is a pressure relief "valve" in the dryer. It is like a solder plug which gets pushed out if pressure exceeds some value. Your hose was probably weaker than the plug but I would look at the dryer to see if the plug is still there or if part of it came out. It should be smooth if intact. It is in one of the fittings connected to the dryer. My radiator fan was not working in my 86 Jetta diesel (unbeknown to me) and while the engine was idling with the air on, I was standing over the radiator looking at the engine when I felt something drop on my shoe tip. I looked down and didn't see anything. I went back to what I was doing and KERBANG! Freon shot out of the hole and onto my shoe where the plug came out a little at a time. What a scare that was. I always make sure that darn fan switch is working now.

TEMiller