Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:01:59 -0500
From:         Paul & Becky Oliver <oliver8@TDS.NET>
Subject:      Re: any room for one of these?
Comments: To: Markus Mumper <mumper@USA.NET>

Magnets and better fuel economy. Everyone's heard about a "guy" who got the 50mpgs, etc. Well if most haven't figured it out by now, "I've been around the block" with some different ideas, checkout my friend George French's site http://www.oilextreme.com

George is another of the great minds I've had the pleasure of picking (another great mind was Frank Brisko, for those of you who know who he was).

The problem with magnets, fuel and the internal combustion engine is that of maintaining a consist, such as fuel flow at idle as apposed to cruse.

Fuel ionization requires time, most vehicles need an additional 4 to 6 feet of fuel line or the fuel is consumed before ionization. If you fuel inject the engine, you scramble it all again, losing the very affect you wanted.

Today computers really run the engine, it takes 300 to 500 miles to re-educate it. Most drivers give up on a product if they don't get "GREAT" results with the next tank of gas.

The fuel too, is a problem. Most do not fuel at the same station, even if you do, it is never the same mix.

The best any of my customers every got was 53mpg from the 32mpg he used to get. Most of the time he got in the low 40's and never again in the 50's.

Oh, don't waste your money on the magnets.

Paul P.S. If you want to try for the 200 to 800 mpg that's a whole different story. One that could cost you more then it's worth, but I've seen it and done it. Its just not safe!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Markus Mumper" <mumper@USA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 2:13 PM Subject: Re: any room for one of these?

I'd be careful, I found this on one of their related sies, right next to a picture of this "power adder" thing.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/IRD/superfuelmax.php