Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:56:55 -0700
From:         Vince S <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 12v Aftermarket Coolers ? Any Good?

Sorry I meant Danfoss from Denmark. Coolmatic is one cooler with these compressor. There may be other cooler with other compressors that may be cheaper.

http://www.waeco.com/pages/products/mk/cmkbov_truck_d.htm

- Vince

http://gipsyflies.home.comcast.net 1989 Vanagon GL Camper 1993 Mazda Miata (for sale) 1996 Land Rover Discovery 2005 Mini Cooper S

Mike is correct that most of these are based on solid state device and are very inefficient. The ones that are good are compressor based though they cost significantly more. One of the best one is based on Danfoss compressor from Demark but they run close to $500. I cannot remember the brand though.