Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:06:15 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: A syncro fords a river: photo
Comments: To: Chris DeLong <green536@HOTMAIL.COM>

This appears to be about 18" to 20" or so of water - big bow wave in front of the van - if you look at the side an eliminate the wave it would be 3/4 of the way up the wheels. Pretty impressive none the less. I've had my vans up to the top of the wheels if not a little higher for a short period of time - crossing streams, not going up one. I think if you don't stop, you are going to be OK as you are ploughing most of the water out of the way. I wouldn't want to try this on a gasoline engine as the spark plugs hang down pretty low. A Turbo Diesel would be the thing to do this with, and only after you cooled down the turbo. If you ever stalled it, oh my!

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses.