Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:10:32 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Call for Repair Shop Reviews
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com, vwcc@yahoogroups.com,
          "Vw-Camping@Yahoogroups. Com" <vw-camping@yahoogroups.com>,
          vanagon@yahoogroups.com, "Ev_Update@Yahoogroups. Com"
          <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>, Syncro@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: Ron Lussier / Coyote <rlussier@lenscraft.com>,
          Steve Schwenk <Steve@syncro.org>

Volks,

Please send me your reviews of VW Shops in North America.

The good, the bad, the ugly.

Not just the good experiences. Lets also inform each other of the bad ones.

Shops that specialize in Busses, Vans and Eurovans, Air-cooled, Water-Cooled, Gas & Diesel.

The whole enchilada.

Email the reviews to: roadguy@roadhaus.com

Thanks to your ongoing inputs, this Shop listing is the "Most Up to Date & Comprehensive" in North America.

http://www.roadhaus.com/shops.html

I think there are over 300 shops in the current listing.

A very special thanks to Ron of Vanagon.Com and Steve of Syncro.Org for allowing their data to be included in this listing.

Almost every US State, many Canadian Providences and a even a few Mexican locations are covered.

BTW ...... Starting off on a trip - Not a bad idea to print out the info on the states you will be traveling thru and dump it into the glove box. Or if you will be caring a laptop .... Save the whole file to the computer.

Every week I receive one or two new shop reviews. The last update was Sept 1, 2004 and already I have 10-15 new ones to add.

Before I begin the next update I'd like to put out a call for more shop reviews.

If you have had a good or bad experience and it's not already included in our listing, please send it to me today.

Here's an example of a nice review:

Bugge Builders 825 Pacific Coast Highway Hermosa Beach, California 90254 310.798.8701

Owner: Graham Cruickshank

Repair ... VW, Audi, BMW & Mercedes

Monique LeMay (mlemay@rpa.com) writes:

I've had my 1990 VW Westfalia camper van worked on by their shop for over 4 years and they do excellent work. They are very good at explaining what needs to be done and testing the parts to see if they work before making you spend tons of money. They have been working on VWs for many years so they can often diagnose the problem very quickly.

Report Date: Feb 2004

- - -

Thanks,

Larry Chase Email: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com Web: WWW.RoadHaus.com What: North American Road Trip How: RoadHaus - 1990 White VW Westfalia Syncro Today: somewhere in Arizona