Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:59:27 -0400
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: auxilary fuel tanks.
Comments: To: THX0001@aol.com

I think I'd feel safer with a diesel tank under the frame of the syncro (behind the bumper mechanism and between the frame rails) then having a couple of jerry cans half a$$ed strapped to the back bumper/ladder?

sorry in crash worthyness I don't see 2 50# bombs being held securely by M8 bolts (13mm headed) one of my greatest pet peeves is the morons that strap a 40# spare tire to the roof of their stationwagon/now SUVs with rubber bungees (which weaken and deteriorate in UV light) a minor tap and they can send a projectile into the oncoming lane of 55+ MPH traffic

but for those who will over analyze the safety of my non-flammable diesel safely stowed under my frame, don't drive too close behind a 80-90s mustang. their gass tank is visible from behind and it's plastic.

as for concerning the safety of everyone else on the road.. my removing the stock tin bumper and replacing with a strong double tube design already shows what I think of 'societies' drivers.