Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:33:34 +0000
From:         Zach White <zwhite@DARKSTAR.FROP.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Report: Dash Removal / Removal, NOT R&R

On Sep 8, 2004, at 06:13, George Goff wrote: > I hope you like to freeze your nuts off. Did you pull the heater box? > What > the hell's wrong with you? What are you going to do whenever you need > new > spark plugs, pull the engine and leave it out also? Now, put the > heater box back > in there, install a new heater control valve (or a stop valve) and > then undo > whatever you did to your instrument cluster wiring until you have the > electrical schematic diagram to guide your work.

Wow, I'm surprised. So far virtually every response I've gotten has been about my removal of the heater core. And they've all been this same basic message, although this is the most, um, colorful way it's been put so far. :)

As for what's wrong with me, I think I just like cold. This past winter I was in Joseph, OR where we were getting -10c temps in the morning. I drove to work with the windows down and the defroster on (only to see with). When the window was clear, I just drove along without heat. (I had borrowed mom's car for the winter since I didn't have tags on the van.)

In fact, that's the only thing that concerns me about not having the heater core. Being able to see out the window is a good thing, generally. I have a feeling I'll be putting lots of anti-fog treatments to the test this winter.

Shesh, doesn't like heat, uses that silly metric system, drives a Vanagon. What isn't wrong with me?

-Zach

PS- incidentally, all that's wrong with the heater core is that it needs new flaps and the cables had kinks in them. Otherwise it's perfectly fine. If anyone needs one this spring, I may have one for you.