Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:48:53 -0700
From:         Jim Thompson <jim@KARMANNGHIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC: Destroyed Porsche & Train Crossing
Comments: To: Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>

Yep, happened just down the road from where I live/"stealth" camp. Heard so many sirens going I flipped on the scanner to see what was going on. Got on the bicycle and cruised down there to check it out. What a MESS! Dang, forgot to be bring my digital camera :-(

To those that don't know, this is a dangerous intersection, Figueroa & Harbor Blvd in Ventura, CA, right across from the county fairgrounds where a Porsche meet was taking place Saturday & Sunday and I avoid it whenever possible, especially going north/south on Figueroa. During the fair and other "large" events, they usually block Figueroa (where the tracks cross) off to re-route the traffic flow up and down Harbor Blvd. Figueroa has too high of a center for the grading of the tracks, then you immediately go under a freeway (US101) overpass. It's much flatter (and safer) to cross the tracks on California St at Harbor Blvd, about a 1/2 mile east of the accident.

I hope somebody had insurance.

Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" oldvolkshome@earthlink.net jim@karmannghia.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************** ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Nadig" <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:25 PM Subject: NVC: Destroyed Porsche & Train Crossing