Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:15:03 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <j.michael.elliott@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Engine pull on scale of 1 to 10

Who said anything about re-using head gaskets?

<looks around for culprit>

If the 1984 Vanagon engine is as easy to pull as my 71 bus's (remove the bumper and rear apron, a few hoses and wires, four bolts to the transaxle, tug the engine rearwards and roll it into the shop) . . . I say, if it was as easy as that, then pulling the heads to inspect for incipient coolant leaks might be a good idea? Or a silly idea?

The Vanagon wasserboxer is a new concept to me, not as familiar as my aircooled engine.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 VW Type 2 / 84 Westy: A poor but proud race. KG6RCR