Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:43:59 -0700
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Misleading Advertising
Comments: To: Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

Good point. I think all too often some people on our list think that everyone on eBay is bright, young and capable. One friend of mine is listing some stuff on eBay he says. He is handicapped and can hardly even use his hands to package up stuff or even walk or drive to the post office but he does manage. He lives for his TV and computer for entertainment and diversion and he is an honest person but he needs to go to a hospital once a week for dialysis treatments. He just does not respond as quickly as you would like. I am amazed at how happy go lucky he is even though he needs to walk with a cane, see doctors frequently for the rest of his life and manage to pay his bills on time. I'm sure he will piss off a lot of people on eBay and might even "accidentally" "misrepresent" stuff he wants to sell.

Before we get too quick to judge others try to recall that not all are healthy and quick witted, mentally sharp or able to describe items as accurately as some would like.

Then there are outright crooks who piss away their time on eBay to make a few extra dollars. It is all small potatoes as far as I am concerned.

William