Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:40:17 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      John Brown's Carabus - Lake Erie State Park (NY) to Harper's
              Ferry WV, October 15th, 2004
Comments: To: list vintage bus <vintagebus@type2.com>, type2@type2.com
Comments: cc: ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com

Hi Vollks,

This note is just to let people know about the carabus I'm planning heading from Northwestern New York state down to Harper's Ferry West Virginia for John Brown's Buses on Friday October 15th, 2004.

The plan is to gather a group of fully fueled buses at Lake Erie State Park at 8:30 AM, and head down to JBB at 9. We'll be taking I90 across the top of PA to I79 at 9:45, then south *almost* to Pittsburgh (11:30) before we turn East onto the Penna Turnpike. We'll take the pike through the Allegheny Tunnel, stop for fuel on the other side and head down to Breezewood (2:00) where we'll take I-70 to I-68 (2:45) and then I-81 (3:30) to Martinsburg. (3:45) This route should get us there in good time and keep us clear of the Friday afternoon rush hour traffic. We'll be rolling along at a more-or-less steady 60 MPH as much as possible, with the speed demons at the back of the line and the slow-pokes up front.

If there are list-members from Southern Ontario, Buffalo, Erie, Pittsburgh, or any other place enroute that want to join us, please send a message to greg_at_pottsfamily.ca and we'll figure out the best place to hook up. I'm expecting at least a half-dozen buses in the group so I need to keep the number of stops to a minimum. CB Radios will be helpful to keep the carabus rolling smoothly, so if you have one please bring it. I don't have an FRS radio but if someone wants to loan one to me I'll be happy to use that too.

I'm not planning an official carabus for the trip home, but it will essentially be the same route in reverse, leaving Harper's Ferry on Sunday around 12PM.

Only 24 days to go...

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com